Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One More Christmas Post

On Sunday we celebrated Christmas with Andrew's stepfamily. Both kids were excited to get a bunch of new books to read from their secret Santa . For the adults, Andrew's Mom does themed gift bags then we play games to see who gets what bag. Andrew and I got a gift certificate to a local spa for a massage and a new beach bag. Then we did our white elephant gift exchange. Since I was last, Andrew told me if I stole the beer brewing kit for him I could have the whole spa giftcard for myself! Of course who could turn down that offer. My Mil got a a perfectpetzzz as her white elephant gift and Winter fell in love with it so guess what came home with us?!

Trying to get a good picture with both kids but it wasn't working. Finally Weston ran away and Andrew was able to snap a good one of Winter and I!
Monday we drove to Pender, which is two hours from Lincoln, to see Andrew's Grandparents. The kids love going through their toy bin and playing with all of the antique toys they have. We also got to see Andrew's Uncle that lives in California that we haven't seen in years. It was a really nice visit and we got some great pictures of them with the kids!
On Tuesday it was time to say goodbye and head back to Wichita. Winter was excited to see if Santa had visited our house. The drive was really nice since surprisingly both kids slept almost the whole way. When we got home we checked out everything Santa brought and opened some gifts before doing the tedious job of unloading the car. We all were ready for the relaxing week we had planned ahead of us since Daddy had off until the 5th!

The kids opening the Christmas Cracker Winter made at school. It had candy and little trinkets inside. To learn more about it click here. The kids had so much fun pulling it open and collecting all the goodies inside. I think we just came up with a new tradition for our family! To make your own Christmas Cracker go here!

Trying to get a picture of the present Weston made us in MDO.

No comments: