Monday, January 3, 2011

The Big Day

Christmas morning didn't go as planned since right after I woke up I got a phone call from my sister saying my Mom had been in the hospital all night. I guess she woke up around 1 in a lot of pain so she had my sister take her to the hospital. She found out that she has gallstones and may need to have her gallbladder removed. When I called her she was still up for doing Christmas later in the day after she got a little sleep so we went ahead and celebrated Christmas with Andrew's family.



We headed over to my Mom's house around 12:30 to do Christmas with my family. She seemed to be feeling better since they gave her pain meds and she had gotten some sleep.

My sister thought it would be funny to put my gift card into a box of packing peanuts. She taped it to the bottom of the box so it took us a while to find it.
Next up on the agenda was Christmas at my Aunt's house. She had a full house with all my cousins, second cousins, aunts and uncles there to celebrate. Winter got a pillow pet and Weston got a train set from Santa. We ended up having to leave earlier then usual due to a certain little boy not getting a nap and being very cranky. After we got to Andrew's Moms we played a couple rounds of Sequence before calling it a night. We still had three big days ahead of us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I hope your mom is feeling better :)

Alyssa said...

Your poor mom! It's nice she was feeling well enough on Christmas Day, though, to spend it with everyone. I LOVE the giftcard in the packing peanuts idea- I am totally doing that to my sis next year! You guys had a busy break, I'll bet you are glad to have some time to relax.