Thursday, May 12, 2011

Disney Part 2

Since I took so many pictures at Disney I decided to tell about our days at the parks then just add a link to the albums on Shutterfly. I took about 1000 pictures while we were there and tried to narrow it down to under 100 per day in the albums. I don't have very many pictures from our first day at Magic Kingdom since as most of you know our memory card crashed. I took it in to a place in Wichita and they couldn't get anything to come up. I lost our Easter pictures, all the pictures from our first day, and over half way through our second day. I am just thankful that Disney took the ones of Winter at the Bippity Boppity Boutique. I quess I should just be thankful that it wasn't further into our vacation or on the last day.

Day 1
Our first day we went to Magic Kingdom. We got to the park right after it opened and it is true what they say. You will get in more rides the first three hours and the last hour the park is open then you will the rest of the day. We did some of Fantasyland, then Frontierland, and finally Liberty square. On our way out of the park we watched the Move it, Shake it Parade and went to check out Tomorrowland. This is when my memory card decided to crash. We were in Tomorrowland and there was a concert going on. A guy was singing and a huge crowd was gathered around him. He then said that he was going to point at someone in the crowd to come dance inside the circle. Well he pointed at Winter! She went out there and let loose. The girl had moves that I had never even seen before.:) I love, love, love, how she has no fear when it comes to this type of stuff. Well I went to turn my camera on to videotape it and that is when it said memory card error. My heart sank. I turned it off, then back on, and nothing. I handed it to Andrew and he couldn't get it to pull up.

We left the park, grabbed lunch, then walked to Walgreens to see if it would pull up on there machines. Still nothing so we bought a new memory card and went back to the hotel to relax. We left the hotel around 5 to go back to the park. We did some rides at Tomorrowland before going to watch the Electrical Parade. Just a tip, for all the parades/big shows you will want to get there at least a hour before the thing starts. We made the mistake of getting there a half hour before it started and it was already packed. Another tip that I read online is to buy glo-sticks at the dollar store. They even had a glo-wand and a glo-sword that we bought to take with us. The kids were so happy and we didn't have to buy the uber expensive ones they have at the park! We watched the Electrical Parade, the Making Memories show, and the firework display before we decided to call it a night.

Click here to view these pictures larger



Day 2
On our Second day we did Disney Hollywood Studios. This ended up being the hottest day of our vacation. It was 90's with no wind. We got there before the park opened and they did a little show to open the park. After that we took the advice of a friend and went straight to Toy Story Mania. It is the most popular ride at the park and gets busy fast. If you get there right when it opens go on the ride first then get a fastpass. We found that the line for the fastpass gets a lot shorter about a half hour after the park opens. Next we did the Tower of Terror since I was told it was another popular ride. Next we did Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show and the Studio Backlot Tour. Before leaving for lunch we used our fastpass on Toy Story Mania.

After lunch, naps, and a little swimming we went back to the park for Fantasmic. This is another one you want to get there early for since it fills up fast. We sat for about an hour waiting for it to start. The kids really enjoyed it but its not something I feel I would need to sit through again. After the show the kids were hot so we decided to call it a night. We did end up buying Bubble guns this night and if your kids love bubbles buy some solution and take it with you. Weston was very disappointed when it ran out. I think that thing would have entertained him for the rest of our trip but there was no way I was walking back to Walgreens for bubbles. He still plays with it almost every day now that we are home!


Day 3
We did Epcot on our third day. We listened to other peoples advice and did Sourin’ first. We also did Living with the Land and the Lion King video about taking care of our earth. Next we did Test Track, Innoventions, and then we got to meet Tinkerbelle. Ever since we told Winter that we were going to Disney World she kept asking if she would get to meet Tinkerbelle. She was so excited when she finally got to the front of the line and got to meet her favorite Disney character!

Finally it was time for the grown-up part of the trip, The World Showcase. Our plan was to get a little treat and drink at each of the Countries. We also admired all of the beautiful gardens and flowers. Epcot is just beautiful during the Flower and Garden Festival. After going through The World Showcase we found a comfortable spot to watch IllumiNations when we noticed a storm rolling in. We decided that getting stuck in a thunderstorm with the kids would not be a fun way to end the night so we hurried back to our hotel.


Day 4
Our last and final day at the parks we decided to go back to Magic Kingdom. I wanted to try and retake some of the pictures I had lost. This time we went and did Tomorrowland first. We went on a couple of rides in Fantasyland before going to watch the Move It, Shake Parade. Weston wanted to go on the Disney Train on our way out for lunch but ended up falling asleep halfway through it. We decided to grab lunch at Downtown Disney and let the kids play in the sprinkers.

Weston and Darla ended up staying at the hotel that night so Andrew, Winter and I went back to Magic Kingdom. We watched the Electrical parade, the Making Memories Show, and the Fireworks display again with front row seats! After the shows we were able to get in a handful of rides before the park closed and we had to say goodbye to Disney.

No comments: