Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Disney Part 1

We started our trip by heading up to KC after dance to get in a little shopping at Legends on Sat. We didn't stay long since we had to leave our hotel at 5am to make our 7:10 flight Sunday morning. Both kids did pretty good on the flight there. I loved how excited Winter got when the plane took off and got up in the sky. I love experiencing things though my kid's eyes. It makes me feel like I am doing it for the first time! Andrew's Mom saved us by wrapping up some gifts for Weston so he would be occupied on the take off and landing.

We touched down in Florida around 10:15 and got to our hotel by noon.(We ended up staying at the Holiday Inn at Downtown Disney. I would recommend this hotel and would happily stay there again. The rooms were spacious, they shuttled to the parks every half hour, and while we only took advantage of it once, kids ate free with each paying adult.) When we got back to the hotel we ate lunch there and then unpacked. We ended up finding a grocery store about .5 mile from our hotel so we walked there to get breakfast foods. On the way there we stopped to take some pictures at the Welcome to Disney sign.
After dropping off our grocerys we headed to Downtown Disney to the Bippity Boppity Boutique. Winter had an appointment with her fairy godmother in training to be transformed into a princess. We ended up doing the middle package but I would probably do the cheaper package next time. The only difference between the two was Winter got her nails done and it was just clear glitter nail polish. She was pretty disappointed when it started peeling off by the end of the night. The most expensive option comes with a dress but we ended up bringing in our own dress and jewelry. Her package included a tiara, Mickey barrette, and sash. At the end she also got a goodie back with the makeup they used, a package of sillybandz, face jewels, and a comb. She loved it and I really feel like they made her feel very special. She ended up wearing her tiara, barrette, and/or sash all week. I would totally do this again for her if she wanted.






After a long day of being a princess!

Once Winter was turned into a princess we had to get to our next destination. We had reservations at 1900 Park Fare so we could have dinner with Cinderella. We also met her Stepsisters, Stepmother, and her Prince Charming. This is another thing I would recommend. The food was delish and Winter really enjoyed seeing the characters. After dinner we decided to call it a night since we had a very busy day ahead of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! She looks adorable at the BBB - especially with her cute glasses!

Heather said...

CUTE! Can't wait for BBB! <3