Thursday, August 19, 2010

1st Day of School!

Today was Pooties first day of 1st grade and while I was worried she would have a hard time adjusting to being in school all day, she did great! She said her favorite parts were going to a different classroom to read two stories and the fact that now they get two recesses instead of one. She has a lot of friends from her kindergarten class in her class now so that helps. I am kinda sad since the only time she seemed like she would miss me was right when I dropped her off at her classroom. She dropped her lunch and backpack and gave me a great big hug, then picked up her things, and went to her desk. After school was out she ran off the bus and into the house to play. She didn't even notice me standing in the driveway!


All ready to go.


2 comments:

Heather said...

She looked beautiful, Lisa! Such a big girl. Glad to hear the day went well.

Shaila said...

First grade!! What a big girl!