Friday, June 10, 2011

Ft. Collins and Boulder

On Saturday we decided to go up to Ft. Collins since Andrew wanted to go to The New Belgium and The Budweiser Brewery. It was actually pretty chilly this day so we didn't get to walk around Old Town to check out all the cute little shops.  We also drove by our old house to show Winter where she used to live.  It looked the same and brought back a lot of memories.   I can't believe how much our lives have changed since we sold that house.
 The only pictures I took this day was at Budweiser.
 On Sunday we went to Pearl Street in Boulder.  We shopped and watched some of the street performers. Then stopped for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and completed the ultimate sin by not having cheesecake for dessert.  Winter wanted to swim so Darla took her back to swim while Andrew and I shopped a little more with Weston.  When we had enough of the crowds we met back up with everyone for dinner.  
On Monday, Andrew, his sister, his mom, my cousin, and I woke up extra early since our start time for the Bolder Boulder was 7:43.  My cousin and I finished in 1:29 while Andrew finished in 1:07.  I will say that I have always felt that I am not a runner but I could have finished a lot faster.  I told Andrew that I am ready to do another 10K and try to actually run the whole thing.  He is also trying to talk me into doing a 1/2 marathon so maybe that will be in my future also.

After we finished the race we went back to the hotel and showered quickly so we could make it back to Wichita at a decent hour.  None of us were looking forward to the 8 hour drive that was ahead of us.  Thankfully, Weston did great and we made it back with enough time for him to play outside before it got dark. 

No comments: