Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving celebrations started on Monday with Andrew going to Winter's school to help prepare for the Thanksgiving feast they had scheduled for Tuesday. Since I hate to cook, Andrew volunteered to help out. On Tuesday I went in to help with any last minute preparations and set up for the feast. Winter ended up only eating the corn, bread, and a couple bites of salad.

Her placemats.

Picking at her food.
Right after lunch on Wednesday we headed back to Nebraska and got in around 6. Once we got into town we dropped the kids off at my moms so Andrew and I could run to the grocery store. We needed to get stuff to make spicy corn casserole and spinach artichoke dip for my Mom's Thanksgiving.

On Thursday Andrew cooked all morning then we headed over to my Moms around 2. We ate, then headed over to the open field across from my moms for our annual family football game.

Acting Goofy!






This is a bad picture of me but I just wanted to show that I did play for a little bit. It was soooo cold out!




Andrew and I ended up waking up at 7 on Friday morning to do a little shopping. There wasn't anything either of us wanted but we thought we would go out for a little bit to look around. I ended up finding a couple things and got 2 free Husker shirts with some coupons I had! Next we watched half the Nebraska game at my MIL's house before going to my Moms to watch the other half. When the games was over we went back to Andrew's Moms for a family get together with Andrews step family.

On Saturday we said our goodbyes and ended up getting on the road right after lunch. We ended up taking our time getting home and arrived in Wichita right before 7. Besides being a little cold it was a great Thanksgiving and it was nice to see family!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! You have a very good looking family, girl!

Sherry said...

FUN! Love the annual football game idea. Also love that your husband is sooo into cooking (his mother must be so proud!). Glad you all had a good time!

Alyssa said...

Fun weekend! Your sister looks exactly like you- like you are identical!