Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Ice Cream

Due to the Blizzard of 2011 the kids and I have been stuck in the house for 2 days. We have all been in our jammies since Tuesday afternoon except for 1 hour today when I had to go to the dentist. I put on normal clothes and made myself look halfway presentable but right when I got home my hair went into a ponytail and I threw my pj's back on.

We have been keeping ourselves busy by starting a 1000 piece puzzle, playing with Legos, and cooking. Wednesday night we made waffles and cinnamon rolls while today was chili and our new snow day treat, Snow Ice Cream! I mixed 1 cup of sugar with 2 cups of whole milk, and added chocolate syrup since Winter wanted a little chocolate flavor to it. I added a bowl of snow to the mix and Voila! It's done!


2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Yummy looking ice cream! As much as I griped about the snow day it was awesome to have some pajama days! But hooray for snow melting and back to school!

Cassie said...

Looks like the snow icecream turned out great. I let my babies play with a little bowl of snow and they had a blast. Can't wait for spring though!