Friday, September 10, 2010

Texas Stockyards

We spent Saturday down at the Fort Worth Stockyards. They have a bunch of cute shops and shows for the kids. We started out by going through the Cowtown Cattlepen Maze. Andrew took the kids while I took pictures from the observation deck.


After that we took in a couple shows starting with the Stockyards Cattle Drive.


After that was the gunfight and...

the Fort Worth Herd Cowcamp. The Cowcamp was geared towards children and educated them on the cattle drives, the life of the cowboys, to observe various livestock, and the equipment they used. Pootie loved watching the horses do tricks and Baby Brother really didn't care to much about the show.


We had bought tickets for the Grapevine Train Ride and still had two hours before boarding so we walked around the shops and got lunch.

How many pictures can you take of a painted cow? Apparently alot.

While we were shopping we also found a doll that resembled Baby Brother so much it was scary.

Hey I didn't know I had a twin brother.




Soon it was time to board the train. Baby Brother was getting really tired so we had thought that he would just nap on the train. Boy, were we wrong. A tired 18 month old in a confined space just spells disaster. Sadly the train ride couldn't get over fast enough for Andrew, Baby Brother, and I. Pootie really enjoyed it though!









Doesn't Baby Brother look like he had so much fun?

After that we met Ronda for dinner at a great Mexican restaurant called Cantina Loredo. Pootie, Daddy, Ronda and I all had Mexican food for dinner while Baby Brother had ranch dressing. After the day he had there was no way I was going to stop him.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh My Gracious... that little doll looks like him. Like, I thought it WAS him. Whoa.

Sherry said...

I also thought the doll was him! How funny! Has anyone ever told you that you're photogenic? You are, and I'm jealous!!