Monday, July 12, 2010

4th of July

Sorry I have kinda been slacking in the blog department lately. This summer has just been crazy busy. With working 4 days, spending a lot of time outdoors, and the almost 18 month old that is tearing my house apart it just doesn't seem to leave me much time for blogging.

So for the 4th of July we really didn't do anything during the day. In the morning we did our usually family pictures on the bench by the front door. Then we ran some errands and tried out Souper Salad for lunch. After Baby Brothers nap we decided to do something different this year and go downtown to watch the fireworks on the river. We packed snacks and toys and sat on top of a parking garage that was close to the river to wait for them to start.

I didn't get one picture of both my kids looking at the camera at the same time so I will post the best one I do have.



This one is such a good one of Pootie I had to include it even thought Baby Brother is crying.

We had the camera set to take 3 pictures in a row and right after the one above was snapped Baby Brother got a hold of some of Pootie's hair.

Lighting of some fireworks before leaving for downtown.



Setting up camp!

Oops!!





We had a really fun time and as long as we are in town we plan to make this a new tradition. Right after the fireworks it started to downpour so we packed up and headed home. When we got home it was completely dry and didn't look like we would get rain so we lit of the rest of our fireworks off.



I hope everyone had a fun safe 4th of July, I know we sure did!!!

No comments: