Giving my daughter a disposable camera that I found cleaning out our junk drawer (Yes the same one that I found my tattoo in. Our junk drawer is like a magicians hat you never know what you are going to pull out of it!) and then having her ask me where the screen was. Then she asks if she has to take the paper off to see the screen so she can view her pictures. I tell her it uses film and she responds with "Whats Film?" Oh boy if she only knew that back in the uncivilized days we actually had to drive to a store, drop our film off, wait an hour to a couple days before being able to even see our pictures.
Or
When we went to the library and she picked out a VHS instead of a DVD and when I told her we didn't have a VCR she had no clue what I was talking about. Every time Winter makes me feel old I want to break out the old phrase, When I was your age I had to walk ten miles to school, everyday, in the snow, uphill both ways.
Or
This Sat. when we went to the outdoor movie theater and had to leave at 12:30 because it was past MY bedtime. I even could have left earlier but wanted to at least get through the second movie.
Thankfully, most of the time, having kids has made me feel young since it gives me a reason to play with toys and get enjoyment out of little things. Like if I saw a frog on the sidewalk people would probably think I was crazy if I was alone screaming "look a frog. Do you want to try to catch it? How neat!" but since I have kids with me it seems totally normal. Or if someone saw me playing with Barbies at 26 by myself that might be weird but since I am doing it with my daughter it is okay.
Right???
Thankfully, most of the time, having kids has made me feel young since it gives me a reason to play with toys and get enjoyment out of little things. Like if I saw a frog on the sidewalk people would probably think I was crazy if I was alone screaming "look a frog. Do you want to try to catch it? How neat!" but since I have kids with me it seems totally normal. Or if someone saw me playing with Barbies at 26 by myself that might be weird but since I am doing it with my daughter it is okay.
Right???

1 comment:
Well, she did a really good job making you feel old! The good news is that you're only 26!!! :)
Post a Comment