Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Its a start!

So if you go back to my post about Weston's 4 month check-up you will read about how we where going to start putting him in his crib and so I thought I would update you on how it went. He actually did really well, I laid him down and he was very content in his crib. Then I went and climbed in to bed and all these thoughts of SID's and how scary cribs are started rolling through my head. I got up constantly to check on him and every time he was watching his mobile, perfectly happy in his crib. That lasted 15 minutes before I couldn't take it anymore so I picked him and in my bed he went. That was the last time I have tried until last night.

Last night we decided it was time to try again. I rocked him in the rocking chair until he was asleep then laid him in his crib. He rolled to his side but didn't wake up. Alright so the easy part was done, now it was the hard part of me falling asleep. I checked on him twice and a half an hour later I was asleep. At three I woke up since that is usually when he wakes up to eat and he was still out. So he ended up sleeping from 11-4 in his crib! After he ate I ended up putting him in bed with me but hey its a start!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I TOTALLY understand what you're going through, Lisa. No joke, it took me exactly 10 months before I got a full night's sleep due to an inconsistent sleeper and worrying about him when he DID sleep!! I think I'll invest in a video monitor with the next baby, a little peace of mind that everything is ok in there would have been helpful. Good Luck!

The Hoffman Family-Adam, Laura, Easton & Emerson said...

Yeah!! Sleep!!