Tuesday, August 28, 2012

South Dakota/Yellowstone Part 3

 Day 6-We spent this whole day driving around Yellowstone.  It is such a pretty place and I could have spent at least one more day there.  At night we drove back into Cody to meet up with Andrew's parents(they visit friends in Cody every 4th.) to watch the fireworks. 
 The water was so clear and cold.
The smell was horrible.
 
 

Inside Old Faithful Lodge
These guys were everywhere in Mammoth Springs.
 After this picture was when my camera informed me that my memory card was full.  Me, being the always prepared person that I am, didn't think to grab one from the 20 I have at home so I was SOL.   Thankfully Andrew's phone takes decent pictures so we used that for the remainder of our drive through Yellowstone.  Once we got to Cody that night I bought another one to add to my growing pile at home.
 From Mammoth Springs to the Montana border is only a couple miles so I had Andrew drive there so I could say I have been to Montana! ;)
These two pictures are right inside Montana.
 These are the Mud Pots. 
 This is The Dragon's Mouth Spring since it looks like a dragon is back in the cave.
 This guy was right next to the boardwalk.
f
 Day 7- Our last and final day before heading home was spent in Cody. We went horseback riding, saw a gun show, and went to the Cody Rodeo.
While we waited for everyone to get there we checked out the horses.  There was a black horse that was the biggest out of the bunch and Andrew said "I hope that I don't get that one." I think you can guess which one he got.  I also would like it to be noted that I was able to get on my horse without the use of the platform! ;)
 Proof that I did go. 
 One tired Cowboy.
 This is where we watched the fireworks from the night before.
 Day 8- We had planned to break the drive up but everyone was so exhausted that we did the 12 hour drive in one day.  It was a great trip but we all where so ready to be home!

No comments: