Sunday, July 10, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Most already know this but the reason I have been MIA lately is because we sold our home.  All of our free time has been spent moving and getting the house ready for the new owners.  We closed on Friday with mixed emotions.  We are so excited for this new chapter of our life but it was hard to say goodbye to the old house.  We put a lot of work into that house and it is the first place since having Winter that we could actually call home.  It is hard knowing that the previous owners won't appreciate all the work we put into the house since they never saw what it looked like when we moved in.  We spent a lot of weekends up late finishing the basement  and renovating the rest of the house.

We put the house up on the market back in February because we had found a house that we loved.    I was looking at houses for sale(I do this for fun when I am bored) and found one that had a really nice floor plan.  We had casually talked about selling our house but never really put that much thought into it.  Well we decided to go look at this house for fun and loved it!   We put our house on the market and put a contingent offer on the other house.  They didn't except saying they didn't want a contingency.  So we waited and at the beginning of May we got the call from our Realtor that the house had sold.  After that we decided that if our house sold we would do something we always dreamed about doing and that is to build.

Well a month later we got a offer on our house and decided to move into a rental.  We are now in the beginning stages of working with a builder and finalizing our floor plan.  It is very exciting but also VERY nerve racking.  Just deciding little things on paper is scary I can't imagine what it will be like when we have to decide the big things.  I will be posting updates every once in a while and we will hopefully be in our new house by March!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

A big congrats on selling and on building! We've done both and I agree with you, it's nerve-racking for sure! It's an awesome experience though, everything will turn out wonderfully! :)