On Saturday my cousin Michelle watched the kids so Andrew and I could get a couples massage and go to the Husker game. It was so nice to have almost the whole day to spend just the two of us. We very rarely get that so we savored ever second of it. Thanks so much Michelle, I owe you big time! After picking up the kids we went over to my Mom's so the kids could spend some time with her. We didn't stay to late since we had a very busy next day.
Sunday my family had their annual Labor Day Picnic at Pioneers Park so we took the kids so they could play for a little bit. I loved seeing the kids playing with their cousins and it's times like these that really make me wish we lived closer to family. We had to cut their play time short though since we had a wedding in Omaha to get ready for. We got up to Omaha and had a little time to spare so we walked around downtown. They had a car art show going on so the kids had fun looking at all the neat cars. They also had the Jelly Belly Bean truck there with a blind taste test booth set up. You spun a wheel and it would land on a space that had a yummy jelly bean flavor on it and a gross one of the same color. The kids got toothpaste instead of very berry and Andrew got centipede instead of strawberry. I was to much of a wuss to try it!
We headed back to Andrew's parents hotel to get ready before heading to the Durham Museum for the wedding. It was a very pretty and I wish we could have stayed longer but we had another event to hurry too. We left the kids with Andrew's parents so we could go back to Lincoln and celebrate my Sister's 21st birthday. It was a lot of fun but I think I am getting way to old to survive on only 5 hours of sleep. It also didn't help that we had a 4+ hour car ride home after running around saying goodbye to our family. It was a great trip though and I look forward to our next one in a couple weeks!
(I slacked on pictures this weekend and didn't get any from the wedding or us in our big red gear.)
Letting the balloons go after the 1st touchdown!
Pioneers Park
Downtown Omaha
Picking out some candy at the old fashion candy shop.
At the old fashion soda shop getting some yummy ice cream!
Sara's 21st Birthday


No comments:
Post a Comment